Language and Culture in Mexico: Travel Scholarships
The Latin American Studies Program is offering scholarships to students who are accepted into the Cal Poly Global Program 'Language & Culture in Mexico' Scholarships of $500 will be awarded to all students in need, primarily intended to offset the cost of airfare. The criteria for awarding scholarships will be based primarily on financial need, but also on how participation in this study abroad program will enhance the student’s academic and career goals.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application
- Scholarship award will be contingent upon your acceptance into the study abroad program. Please complete the 'Language & Culture in Mexico
' program application in order to be eligible for this travel scholarship.
- Full-time enrollment at Cal Poly the term prior to going on the program
- Must have submitted a FAFSA application for the following academic year
- Cal Poly students only
How to Apply
- From your My Cal Poly Portal
apps, click 'Cal Poly Scholarships.'
- Complete the General Scholarship Application, being sure to answer the question "Do you plan on participating in a study abroad program in the upcoming year" with an answer of "Yes." This will direct you to answer supplemental scholarship questions related to study abroad scholarships after you complete the general scholarship application.
- Complete the General and Study Abroad scholarship applications. Even though some fields are not marked as required, you are encouraged to complete the application in its entirety in order to be considered for the widest range of scholarships. Be sure to click 'Save and Keep Editing' frequently.
- Your eligibility for scholarships will be based on your answers to the questions in both the General and Study Abroad scholarship application.
- When you compose your scholarship essay, be sure to discuss how you specifically are a good candidate for this particular award.
Scholarship recipients may be asked to participate in information meetings and pre-departure efforts for the program upon their return to Cal Poly.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Scholarship Award Amount