Cal Poly in Peru Travel Scholarships
The Latin American Studies Program is offering scholarships to students who are accepted into the Cal Poly in Peru
program. Five to ten scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to help students offset the cost of their airfare. The criteria for awarding scholarships will be based on financial need and how participation in this study abroad program will enhance the student’s academic and career goals.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at the time of application
- Scholarship award is contingent on being accepted into the Cal Poly in Peru Spring Quarter program. Please complete your Cal Poly in Peru program application AND the Peru Travel Scholarship simultaneously. You'll hear back about the travel scholarship award before you need to commit financially to the Cal Poly in Peru program.
- Full-time enrollment at Cal Poly the term prior to going on the Cal Poly in Peru program
How to Apply
- From your My Cal Poly Portal
apps, click 'Cal Poly Scholarships.'
- Complete the General Scholarship Application, being sure to answer the question "Do you plan on participating in a study abroad program in the upcoming year" with an answer of "Yes." This will direct you to answer supplemental scholarship questions related to study abroad scholarships after you complete the general scholarship application.
- Complete the General and Study Abroad scholarship applications. Even though some fields are not marked as required, you are encouraged to complete the application in its entirety in order to be considered for the widest range of scholarships. Be sure to click 'Save and Keep Editing' frequently.
- Your eligibility for scholarships will be based on your answers to the questions in both the General and Study Abroad scholarship application.
- When you compose your scholarship essay, be sure to discuss how you specifically are a good candidate for this particular award. Please explain 1) your financial need; and 2) how the Peru experience will enhance your academic and career goals.
Notification of award
All students will be notified via email about the outcome of the scholarship award no later than two weeks after the scholarship deadline.
Scholarship recipients may be asked to participate in information meetings and pre-departure efforts for the Cal Poly in Peru program upon their return to Cal Poly.
Scholarship Application Deadline
November 21, 2019
Scholarship Award Amount