- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 at the time of application
- Accepted to a USAC program by both Cal Poly and USAC
- Full-time enrollment at Cal Poly the term prior to going on USAC
- Preference will be given to students who have financial need and have completed the FAFSA form
How to Apply
- From your My Cal Poly Portal
apps, click 'Cal Poly Scholarships.'
- Complete the General Scholarship Application, being sure to answer the question "Do you plan on participating in a study abroad program in the upcoming year" with an answer of "Yes." This will direct you to answer supplemental scholarship questions related to study abroad scholarships after you complete the general scholarship application.
- Complete the General and Study Abroad scholarship applications. Even though some fields are not marked as required, you are encouraged to complete the application in its entirety in order to be considered for the widest range of scholarships. Be sure to click 'Save and Keep Editing' frequently.
- Your eligibility for scholarships will be based on your answers to the questions in both the General and Study Abroad scholarship application.
- When you compose your scholarship essay, be sure to discuss how you specifically are a good candidate for this particular award.
Scholarship recipients are required to participate on panel for pre-departure orientation on return to Cal Poly.
Summer/July/Fall: April 29th
Spring/January/February Semester: October 20th
Scholarship Award Range