USAC Visiting Professors
University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) Visiting Professor Program
Visiting professors are selected from Consortium universities to teach on temporary bases on USAC programs abroad. Faculty often apply to teach in the summer or during a sabbatical.
Note: This program is being relaunched in summer 2023 after a hiatus during the COVID-19 pandemic. Five (5) positions in a limited number of fields are available for Summer 2023; for more information, see the application link at the bottom of the page. The information below is based on previous cycles and USAC hopes to expand the list of disciplines and number of positions in the future.
- Can teach courses in the humanities, social sciences, business, economics, tourism, education, environmental sciences, African studies, and biology
- Can offer at least one course that specifically relates to the teaching site, region or nation, or is clearly international in nature; the language of instruction may be English or the relevant foreign language (Spanish, French, etc.)
- Will have student evaluation summaries that reflect superior teaching abilities and written approval from their supervisor
- Are flexible regarding international living and working conditions and are enthusiastic about experiencing local culture with their students
- Are willing to contribute to the host university in addition to teaching the selected courses
- Are willing to publicize the opportunity to study abroad with them
- Summer 2023 USAC Visiting Faculty application (fillable .docx application form). The application deadline has been extended to December 1, 2022.