Fulbright U.S. Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study/research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs.
The Cal Poly International Center is pleased to provide assistance to current students and recent graduates who are applying for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.
CAMPUS DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 (for 2022-23 Application Cycle)
- Cal Poly students who will still be enrolled in their degree program at the time of application are required to meet the Cal Poly campus deadline of September 15 (for submission of all materials through the Fulbright online application).
- Alumni of Cal Poly who graduated within the past three years are also welcome to apply through Cal Poly unless they have subsequently matriculated at another institution of higher education. Recent graduates who wish to apply through Cal Poly are required to meet the campus deadline of September 15 (for submission of all materials through the Fulbright online application). Conversely, Cal Poly graduates may apply 'at large' independently, in which case they would need to meet the national deadline of October 12.
- One to two weeks after the campus deadline (September 15), applicants will attend a 30-minute virtual interview with the campus Fulbright committee. At this interview, students will have the opportunity to discuss their project with the committee, and receive input on how to further strengthen their application components before re-submitting their online application by the national deadline (October 12).
FULBRIGHT ADVISING SESSIONS
The International Center holds Fulbright Advising Sessions each spring. Interested students are strongly encouraged to attend one of these sessions. If you are unable to attend or are seeking information after spring quarter, please email email@example.com to request an appointment with a Fulbright Program Advisor.
Upcoming Fulbright Advising Sessions:
- Thurs, May 6, 2021 / 11:10am-12:00pm / Zoom Link / Meeting ID 840 7899 1985
- Thurs, May 27, 2021 / 11:10am-12:00pm / Zoom Link / Meeting ID 840 7899 1985
View the Fulbright Advising Sessions flyer!
View the slides!
FULBRIGHT PROGRAM ADVISORS
Cari Vanderkar, PhD
Assistant Vice Provost, International Programs
Fulbright U.S. Student Program - Research Grantee to the Czech Republic (Anthropology, 1997)
Sara Otis, MA, MPP
Study Abroad Coordinator
Fulbright U.S. Student Program - Research Grantee to the Dominican Republic (Linguistics, 2005)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment with a Fulbright Program Advisor.
- Go Abroad Again - Explore options to intern, work, teach, or research abroad
- International Scholarships for recent graduates (see Category 8 under 'Scholarships')