Fulbright U.S. Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study/research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs.
The Cal Poly International Center is pleased to provide assistance to current students and recent graduates who are applying for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.
CAMPUS DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 (for 2021-22 Application Cycle)
- Cal Poly students who will still be enrolled in their degree program at the time of application are required to meet the Cal Poly campus deadline of September 15 (for submission of all materials through the Fulbright online application).
- Alumni of Cal Poly who graduated within the past three years are also welcome to apply through Cal Poly unless they have subsequently matriculated at another institution of higher education. Recent graduates who wish to apply through Cal Poly are required to meet the campus deadline of September 15 (for submission of all materials through the Fulbright online application). Conversely, Cal Poly graduates may apply 'at large' independently, in which case they would need to meet the national deadline of October 13.
- One to two weeks after the campus deadline (September 15), applicants will attend a 30-minute virtual interview with the campus Fulbright committee. At this interview, students will have the opportunity to discuss their project with the committee, and receive input on how to further strengthen their application components before re-submitting their online application by the national deadline (October 13).
FULBRIGHT ADVISING SESSIONS
The International Center holds Fulbright Advising Sessions each spring. Interested students are strongly encouraged to attend one of these sessions. If you are unable to attend or are seeking information after spring quarter, please email email@example.com to request an appointment with a Fulbright Program Advisor.
View the Spring 2020 Fulbright Advising Sessions flyer!
|Fulbright Advising Session 1
Thurs, Apr 23
|Fulbright Advising Session 2
Thurs, May 7
|Fulbright Advising Session 3
Thurs, May 21
Meeting ID: 543 299 574
Meeting ID: 570 208 579
Meeting ID: 982 0812 5322
View the slides!
FULBRIGHT PROGRAM ADVISORS
Cari Vanderkar, PhD
Assistant Vice Provost, International Programs
Fulbright U.S. Student Program - Research Grantee to the Czech Republic (Anthropology, 1997)
Sara Otis, MA, MPP
Study Abroad Coordinator
Fulbright U.S. Student Program - Research Grantee to the Dominican Republic (Linguistics, 2005)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment with a Fulbright Program Advisor.
- Go Abroad Again - Explore options to intern, work, teach, or research abroad
- International Scholarships for recent graduates (see Category 8 under 'Scholarships')