Skip to content


International Travel

Before you go Before you go with students  FAQs  Travel Resources

  EWB  Emergency/Incident  Faculty/Staff Resources


Are you interested in International Travel? Please carefully follow every step on this page to start the process.

1. First, determine who you are: 
2. Click the link that applies to you above to register for your travel while adhering to the travel deadlines listed below:

Individual Student/Faculty/Staff Travel Deadlines
30 days in advance for international travel to non-hazardous destinations
60 days in advance for international travel to high hazardous destinations

Annual Group Trip Leader Travel Deadlines
November 1 for travel during Spring Quarter including Spring Break
February 1 for travel during Summer Quarter 
May 1 for travel during Fall Quarter 
September 15 for travel during Winter Quarter including Winter Break
NOTE: Group Trip Leader deadlines are for both high hazardous and non-high hazardous travel. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for competition teams, presentations at conferences, and for grant-supported research with accompanying justification. Deadlines for Individual and Group Trip Leader Travel are for 100% completed applications. You can start your application at any time prior to a deadline. We recommend that travelers submit completed applications early to allow additional time for review. This will also allow for all participants to make travel arrangements earlier, allow for contract vetting, and allow for timely deposits to be given to service providers, as applicable. The International Travel process requires thorough information gathering on your part -- we encourage you to start early!  

3. Follow the steps that are listed in the application that pertains to your travel.
  • It is required that you get department head and dean signatures on your Travel 1A form for your travel to be processed by the International Center.
Why do I need to complete this process?
All international travel conducted as Cal Poly business by faculty, staff, students, and any applicable designated volunteers must be registered through the Cal Poly International Center and approved by the Provost. Travel abroad may include activities such as attending conferences, participating in tours, conducting funded research, or taking students on non-credit international field trips. The tools and links provided are designated to enhance travel safety, ensure compliance with CSU policies & procedures, adhere to standards of good practice in international programming, and provide for rapid location and communication in the event of an emergency situation. Please review the CSU Travel Policy for more information.

Please do not use your cell phone to register.

Please note that unsubmitted applications that have been inactive for 14 days will be automatically withdrawn. 

Questions? Please contact the International Center:
(805) 756-6118