WHAT: All international travel conducted as Cal Poly business must be registered through the Cal Poly International Center and approved by the Provost. Travel abroad may include activities such as attending conferences, participating in tours, conducting funded research, or taking students on non-credit international field trips.
WHEN: Deadlines for receipt of completed packets by the International Center:
Individual student/faculty/staff travel
- 30 days in advance for international travel to non-hazardous destinations
- 60 days in advance for international travel to high hazardous destinations
- November 1 for travel during Spring Quarter including Spring Break
- February 1 for travel during Summer Quarter
- May 1 for travel during Fall Quarter
- September 15 for travel during Winter Quarter including Winter Break
We recommend that travelers submit packets early to allow additional time for review, advising and revisions if necessary and to provide timely deposits to service providers, as applicable. This process requires some information gathering on your part -- we encourage you to start early!
WHY: The tools and links provided are designated to enhance travel safety, ensure compliance with CSU policies & procedures, adhere to standards of good practice in international programming, and provide for rapid location and communication in the event of an emergency situation. Please review the CSU Travel Policy for more information.
Select the appropriate registration button below to initiate your registration. The registration process works best with a desktop or laptop computer. Please do not use your cell phone.
Below are step-by-step instructions for each registration. It may take a minute or two for the forms to download.
Questions? Please contact the International Center: