IMPORTANT: In an Emergency call 911 or the equivalent in your host country. You may also contact the Cal Poly University Police Department at 001 (805) 756-2281.
Emergency, Injury and Accident Information
If a Cal Poly university employee, student or volunteer is involved in an emergency or incident, s/he must complete an Incident Report as soon as the situation is stabilized.
If you are injured or involved in an accident while abroad:
- Seek medical attention if needed.
- If you need assistance you may contact the Cal Poly/CSU foreign travel insurance program (ACE USA) anytime 24 hours a day.
Contact Info: (outside US and Canada) IDD + 1 + (630) 694-9764
Contact Info: (from US or Canada) 1 + (855) 327-1414
- Cal Poly Policy No. ADDN04950872R
When you call, have the following information available if possible:
- Name of caller, phone/fax no., relationship to patient
- Patient's name, age, sex
- Description of patient's condition
- Name, location, and phone number of hospital
- Name and phone number of treating physician, where and when they can be reached
- Policy Plan No. ADDN04950872
- Name of Insured (Cal Poly, CSU)
Visit www.acetravelassistance.net for access to global threat assessments and location-based intelligence. Username: email@example.com; Password: acea&h
Here is a list of Travel Assistance Services and a wallet card that can be printed to carry with you abroad: ITA Insurance Card.
- After obtaining needed medical attention, please contact the crisis response contact person, Caroline Moore, Director of the Cal Poly International Center, within 48 hours to advise her of your situation and condition. You may contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University employees, students, and volunteers are required to complete an Incident Report within 48 hours of the accident or injury.
State Department Emergency Resources (lost/stolen passport, victim of crime, natural disasters, State Department’s role in a crisis)
Cal Poly Health & Counseling Services
Questions? Please contact the International Center at email@example.com or (805) 756-6118.