HIGH HAZARD COUNTRIES
The CSU considers a destination to be "high hazardous" if the country you are traveling to has a "Travel Advisory Level 3 or 4" and/or is listed on the "California State University Risk Management Authority (CSURMA)" list. Your travel packet must address the safety, security and health information provided by the US Department of State. In addition, please be sure to view the Worldwide Caution provided by the Department of State.
**Please note, effective January 2018, the Travel Advisory levels take the place of the Travel Warnings/Alerts. For more information, please see the memo from CSU Risk Management.
Please be sure to abide by the high-hazard deadlines listed below.
Individual student/faculty/staff travel
- 30 days in advance for international travel to non-hazardous destinations
- 60 days in advance for international travel to high hazardous destinations
- 90 days in advance for international travel to non-hazardous destinations
- 120 days in advance for international travel to high hazardous destinations
- 180 days in advance for international travel that requires a fee collection by Cal Poly
- November 1, 2017 (Spring Quarter 2018 - includes Spring Break departure dates)
- February 1, 2018 (Summer Quarter 2018 departure dates)
- May 1, 2018 (Fall Quarter 2018 departure dates)
- Sept 15, 2018 (Winter Quarter 2019 - includes Winter Break departure dates)