John and Martha Rogers Scholarship
John Rogers served as a professor of Marketing at Cal Poly State University for 20 years, where he fostered relationships with institutions that created opportunities for Orfalea College of Business students and faculty; he also served as interim dead of the College in 1992-93. Mr. Rogers spent the year 1998-99 as a Fulbright faculty recipient, serving as a professor of Marketing at the Kossuth Lajos University in Debrecen, Hungary. He valued international education and cultural exchange and was instrumental in initiating student and faculty study abroad opportunities that continue to be a hallmark at the Orfalea College.
- Enrolled in the Orfalea College of Business
- Accepted to a Cal Poly approved study abroad program
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.00 at the time of application
- Preference is given to students who have financial need and have completed the FAFSA form for the academic year and term they are going abroad
- Full-time enrollment at Cal Poly the term prior to going abroad
How to Apply
- From your My Cal Poly Portal
apps, click 'Cal Poly Scholarships.'
- Complete the General Scholarship Application, being sure to answer the question "Do you plan on participating in a study abroad program in the upcoming year" with an answer of "Yes." This will direct you to answer supplemental scholarship questions related to study abroad scholarships after you complete the general scholarship application.
- Complete the General and Study Abroad scholarship applications. Even though some fields are not marked as required, you are encouraged to complete the application in its entirety in order to be considered for the widest range of scholarships. Be sure to click 'Save and Keep Editing' frequently.
- Your eligibility for scholarships will be based on your answers to the questions in both the General and Study Abroad scholarship application.
- When you compose your scholarship essay, be sure to discuss how you specifically are a good candidate for this particular award.
Notification of award
All students will be notified via email about the outcome of the scholarship award no later the four weeks after the scholarship deadline.
- Scholarship recipients must write a thank-you letter to the donors upon their return from study abroad.
- Required to participate on panel for a pre-departure orientation on return to Cal Poly.
Scholarship Award Amount